Friday, May 11, 2007

Going Going Gone

As some of you know, two weeks ago I spent my very last night at 34 Hayberry Street, Crows Nest. When the house was finally stripped bare and I walked through it for the very last time, I was completely overcome with a feeling of melancholy. I choked back the tears while Spidey mulled over what to do with the box of fireworks he had secretly stored away for six years.

Hayberry, which I affectionately liked to call it, was where I eventually called home for 15 months. But for some time, it was nothing more to me than Spidey's abode; your typical bachelor pad decked out in dark wood furnishings, the latest surround sound system and a shaven mutt. Over time and numerous behind-closed-doors action, 'his place' became 'our place' .

Now it is for sale. For some other family, or worse still, some couple with a shaven mutt to occupy it and fill it with their memories and their stories.

And I don't like it one bit.

Also, if I still have a spare key, is it still considered trespassing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home